Triple Oreo Cheesecakes – A Perfect Dessert
There are 2 things that the boy loves….Oreos and cheesecake. So why not put the both together in these Triple Oreo Cheesecakes for one decadent dessert?
Why “triple” Oreo? This recipe contains regular Oreos, Oreo crumbs and mini Oreos. Can you ever have too many Oreos? Or too much cheesecake? And hence, too much of Oreo cheesecakes? Of course not!
With the holidays just around the corner, these would make the perfect potluck dessert.
I’ve seen so many different Oreo flavors in stores these days, I am sure you could use any one of them in this recipe to add a little extra flavor to them. My next round, I am going to try the mint Oreos and maybe add a 1/4 tsp of mint flavoring to the batter for some Triple Mint Oreo Cheesecakes.
Just a few tips here for this recipe:
- * Make sure you don’t over cook the filling.
- * Use full fat cream cheese. The “lite” cream cheese gives it a weird consistency.
- * I can’t imagine them lasting this long without being eaten, but can be stored in refrigerator for up to a week.
- * If you have the silicone cupcake liners, use those. I find the paper ones stick too much to the Oreo cheesecakes.
- * I haven’t tried making this as a single cheesecake instead of the individual ones, so I am not sure how the filling would set.
- * Oreos are school safe, so the kids could bring these in their snacks to school.
Tripe Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 brick plain cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 each eggs separated
- 1/4 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 bags snack size mini Oreos
- 12 each Oreos whole
- 5 each Oreos broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place 1 whole Oreo in a liner in a cupcake pan
- In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese with a mixer until no more lumps. Add in the sugar and the vanilla and continue beating until mixed. Add in the eggs, one at a time and continue beating.
- Add the Oreo crumbs and broken pieces to mixture and combine with a spoon or spatula.
- Add approx 2 tbsp of batter to each cupcake cup.
- Top each mini cheesecake with 1 mini Oreo.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until firm. Do not overcook.
- Cool to room temp and then cool in refrigerator for a minimum 2 hours before enjoying!