Yesterday, I got a notification on Twitter that I was nominated for the Liebster award from “Beautifully Marked” !!! I am thrilled that my tiny little blog has been noticed!!
A HUGE shout out to Rachel from Beautifully Marked! Her blog is amazing and you should definitely check it out!
This award is given from one blogger to another to find out more about new blogs.
The rules are as followed:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Once your blog is published, let your nominees know that they have been nominated and link them to your post for more details.
Here were the questions I was asked and I hope you enjoy reading my answers!
- What made you start blogging? Blogging is something that I have always wanted to do but never really had the courage to start. A fellow blogger friend of mine told me to do it and not to be scared and just to have fun. So, I finally decided to give it a try.
- What is one of your favorite childhood memories? I have so many great childhood memories, trying to pick one was really tough. One thing I will always remember is going to Washington, DC in Grade 12 while the Earth Day was happening and saw Tom Cruise. (He really IS short.) 🙂
- What do you hope to achieve in your blog this year? I really should sit down and put together a game plan for the year. Right now, I just want to have fun and hopefully get some loyal followers that enjoy my blog too.
- Who is your favorite actor and why? Chris O’Donell. I have love him ever since I saw him in Circle of Friends.
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Loyal, hardworking, loud
- What is it about your blog that draws people in? I hope that people are drawn to my blog because of my honest account of being a single Mom with a great little boy.
- Is there a blogger who inspires you? There are so many great ones out there. I have been following Heather B. Armstrong’s blog Dooce for years.
- What is your favorite animal and why? I am a cat person. My current cat has a bit of a bad attitude but in general cats are just so easy going.
- What are some of your goals for this year? My goal for this year is to lose the 20lbs I told myself I would lose last year.
- What is your best joke? What do you call cheese that is not your own? Nach-yo cheese
- Who is your role model? My Mom! She is the one that keeps my family together and has always instilled in us that regardless if we fight or argue, we always love each other and are always there to help each other out. I hope to be that person for my son as well.
11 Random Facts about me!
- I love Math. I would rather do Algebra than a crossword puzzle, any day!
- I won the Most Outstanding Art student award at my Grade 8 graduation.
- Running is my favorite escape. I may not be fast or able to run long distances but give me headphones and some music and I am in my happy place.
- I was a cheerleader in High School and we didn’t even have a football team. 😉
- Remember how as a kid you were always told to walk with the blades of the scissors down? I followed that rule and now have 2 scars on my foot where the blades of the scissors cut me when they fell.
- This totally ages me, but I was told I looked like Mary Lou Retton as a kid.
- I have a tattoo.
- Twister is my favorite movie of all time.
- One day, I would still like to finish my Bachelor degree.
- Regardless of my marriage ending, I will always look back at my wedding day with fond memories.
- This was a LOT harder than I thought it would be.
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could only listen to one CD for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Which of your teachers inspired you? Why?
- Name one thing on your “bucket list”.
- Favorite subject in school.
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- Best concert you have ever attended.
- What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
- What is the strangest thing people would find in your purse?
- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Who is your hero?
Again, thank you Rachel for the tag! It was so incredibly nice of you and a real surprise for me! I enjoy your blog and these questions were amazing. I can’t wait to contact my nominees and see their answers.